If I want to help people be healthy I first need to know why they are not healthy to begin with.
Common excuses people use to not exercise or live healthy lives:
- no time to workout or learn about nutrition
- fitness gyms and healthy food is expensive
- working a 9a-5p job makes them too tired to exercise
- intimidation at the gym
- not getting results
Think about the content you can produce that will combat those excuses.
Next, I need to find out how to get people to take action. I can’t be healthy for them.
According to research found in the 2012 Food and Health Survey, the following items motivate people to get healthy.
What motivates people to become healthy?
- heart health
- overall health and wellness
- improve physical energy
- digestive health
- immune function
- weight loss
With this information I can produce content specifically tailored to meet the needs of consumers. I know why people don’t exercise and I know what motivates people to become healthy.
According to the same survey, over 50% of Americans say it’s easier to do taxes than figure out how to eat well.
Are you producing information consumers are looking for?
Health and fitness website checklist:
- online nutrition coaching
- recipes – include prep time, cook time, total time, servings
- eating out guide
- general meal planner
- daily nutrition planning
- grocery shopping list
- online personal trainer
- personal customized workout routines
- exercise at home plans and options
- fitness planning, food and fitness journal, personal fitness calendars
- mobile app
- rewards (badges and points)
- challenges and prizes
- examples: daily challenge, weekly challenge, monthly challenge, buddy challenge, get started, summer/winter challenges, 4 week slim down challenge
- forums/message boards
- weight tracking, nutrition tracking, fitness tracking
- free trial leading to subscription
- free ebooks and training videos
- in depth ebooks and videos for sale
- live video coaching and monthly subscription fees
Does your website make it easy for consumers to be healthy?
Health and fitness app checklist:
- access to music
- barcode scanner
- scan nutrition facts from packaged foods)
- answer FAQs and client questions – your customers can listen on the way to work
- daily challenge
- daily recipes
- daily fitness routine
- daily tips
- grocery shopping lists
- meal planner
- calorie counter
What do you have in your fitness app or fitness website that I forgot to mention?