I am UX designer with a strong background in curriculum and program design, strategic marketing, and ethnographic research. Learn more about my story over here where it gets personal.
I am in the business of helping people
I help leaders like you grow purpose-driven organizations, from the inside-out. I help deans reimagine their universities. I help governments design meaningful citizen experiences.
“Daniel is a unique visionary.
Empathetic, sensitive and resourceful, he leads through facilitation. His programs are always built around the concept of getting the right people to participate. I look forward to seeing his initiatives work for the good of society.
-Vijay Chakravarthy, Industrial Designer Society of America (IDSA)
- Anne Giebel (social worker, entrepreneur)
- Jean Young (academic, design thinker)
- William Smith (entrepreneur)
- Nelson Davy (government accountant, entrepreneur)
- Josh Rosenheck (entrepreneur)
- Sarah Kay Hoffman (entrepreneur)
- Executive Director of Rutgers Future Scholars Program (higher education, administrator)
- Simon Gabriel (scholar, Action Horizon Institute)
- Cultivating Community and Impact in Princeton | Published by Philadelphia reporter, Kristen Gillette of the social impact publication, Generocity
- Mercer County news source, MercerMe
- Press release written by community member and conference speaker, Gery Juleff, about the Cooperative Impact social innovation conference
Rutgers University – New Brunswick, NJ
- Co-Instructor w/ SAS Honors Dean Matt Matsuda, Introduction to Entrepreneurship (2012)
- Instructor, Marketing Consulting for Small Business (2011)
- Instructor, New Media Composition: Sustainable Cities (2010)
- Instructor, Digital Media Lab Independent Study (2010)
- Instructor, Civic Engagement with Service Projects (2010)
Annie E. Casey Foundation Kids Count Summit, Denver, Colorado | Presented two workshops: “Strengthening Public Policy Reform with New Media Projects”, and “Influencing Change with Online Content”
School of Arts and Sciences Honors College, Rutgers University | Presented the 18-month acceleration process of how I transformed my Rutgers Diploma into a business that generated over $150,000 during my talk titled, “Design Your Own Future”. Also, separately, presented visual design of web app prototype multisided platform to act as a facilitation tool between a micro lending organization in New Brunswick and the small business community in which it served
Department of Human Ecology, Rutgers University | Presented two-part workshop of case studies, internet marketing methodologies, and hands-on application working one-on-one with student groups building marketing campaigns for 350.org
New Jersey Writer’s Alliance (NJWA), New Jersey | Presented the incubation process of following my idea as it evolved into a revenue generating enterprise laying the foundation for my career
Hub City Revival Documentary Screening, Tumulty’s, New Brunswick, NJ | Public screening with 100+ in attendance to watch a 60-minute film I produced over the course of three months with the New Brunswick resident-founded arts and music organization, Hub City Revival
City College of New York (CCNY), New York | Shared my personal story with undergraduates to provide relevant insights on building a career by leveraging technology in a new and meaningful way
Techstars, Curator 2015-2018 | Social Enterprise Startup Digest Curator for approx 6,000 global subscribers
IDEO, Global Design Coach 2017 | Provided an immersive, hands-on learning experience as one of the five global design coaches for the IDEO Design Challenge to Reimagine Higher Education
WeWork, Partner 2017 | Design experiential community events such as Thin Red Thread, Founder’s Way, and Side Project Sundays because it feels natural to sew myself into the cultural fabric of the community
Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University 2017 | Mentor MBA team from INSEAD Graduate School of Business competing against their peers for the Morgan Stanley Sustainable Investing Institute Challenge
Wolfpack 2015 | Mobile app prototype designed to prevent domestic violence
Hub City Revival, New Brunswick, NJ 2010 | 60-minute documentary of an all ages art and music event travelling from New Brunswick to Jersey City to Newark
Haiti Relief Benefit, New Brunswick, NJ 2010 | 4-minute video of benefit hosted to generate funding through the sale of artist’s original work
Middlesex County Board of Education, NJ 2010 | Filmed monthly board of education meetings to provide footage to parents unable to attend
ArtHouse, New Brunswick, NJ 2009 | Local artists and musicians transformed my home into an art gallery and music show
City Council, New Brunswick, NJ 2009 | Published videos of the bi-weekly city council meetings on hyperlocal newspaper
Ward Campaign, New Brunswick, NJ 2009 | 11-minute documentary about local activists working to change the form of government from an at-large city council to a ward-based council
- Building a Social Enterprise Ecosystem
- Build a Startup that Solves a Social Problem
- Social Enterprise Reading List
- Value Innovation Replaces Styrofoam
- Alternative Investors Scale Impact
- What is a social entrepreneur?
- Seth Godin said it was my turn. Here’s what I did.
- What is the Princeton Impact Project
Find me elsewhere
I would like to be surrounded by self-motivated people who make a commitment to themselves, and the team, to continuously improve on the individual level. For it will only be through the commitment to continuously improving one’s self will that person endure the long-haul journey to change the world.