I am writing this post from within my standard Gmail outgoing message window.
How did I write an email within my standard Gmail account and have it automatically post the content to my WordPress site?
Post by Email
- Download, install, and activate Jetpack
- Once Jetpack is activated, turn on the module “Post by Email”
- Within the WordPress dashboard, navigate to Your Profile (/wp-admin/profile.php)
- Scroll-down a bit, and click the button labelled “Enable Post by Email”
- Copy the unique email address WordPress provides
- Go to your Gmail > compose a new email > paste the unique email address in the “To:”
- Type the title of your post in the subject line
- Compose the body copy and rich media for your WordPress post within the text area you would normally include the copy for your emails
- Send the email > BOOM you’re a pro!
- Post by email pro tips will help you compose sexy WordPress posts from within your traditional email client
Let me know how it goes!